Sunday, January 9, 2011

Record a day. Day 9: Refused 'The shape of punk to come'




















They told me that the classics never go out of stlye, but they do...some how, baby, I never thought that we do too.... So I was in this band with Warren Rowe and Nick Norton in the early 2000's and Warren kept throwing new bands at me to see which ones would stick... I was in an emo Jimmy Eat World/Promise Ring phase so I didnt really go for the Refused at the time but Warren burned the disc for me anyway... picked it back up a couple years ago and then enjoyed the beauty in it. The energy, the throat, the noise-art. Capitalism is organized crime and we are all the victims...its hardcore music mixed with some electronic effects. I recommend this for anyone who is into music outside of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment