Monday, January 10, 2011

Record a day. Day 10: Operation Ivy 'Energy'




















I know, I know....I already have a Rancid album up, so why this one? Well I bought a bass today from Sean Con and it looks like Matt Freemans bass so I thought Id put this record up. This is another record that I first heard from Warren Rowe. It is considered a classic in the Ska-punk genre. Its a real simple, basic 3 chord songs but there are some great basslines going through the whole record. This is how I really learned to play ska ... not traditional, but the Tim Armstrong way... and I've followed Tim ever since. WHen Warren and I first met with Cale we were jammin out to Op-ivy to get a feel for each other. Go to ebay and pick it up on vinyl...pick-it-up, pick-it-up, pick-it-up, pick-it-up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment