Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Record a day. Day 18: Fifteen 'The choice of a new generation'

so im a day behind.... oops! I first got this on tape from Joe Nader to figure out some guitar parts... i totally remember listening to it on this yellow radio I had with my guitar in hand sittin on my bed ...tape paused.. hear the d chord, strum the d chord... hit play and hear the chord change and then slam pause real fast to try and get the pitch in my head... this was before I could really hear half steps, full steps, thirds, fifths... all the other intervals.... This was also the first time I heard of Jeff Ott... I remember in 99 or 2000 and Kristen was pregnant with Arissa we drove up to Mira Mesa to see Jeff Ott do an acoustic set at the Epicenter while promoting his first book. Good lyrics. Every album has the same songs on them chord progression wise... I get it... root, 3rd, 6th, 2nd to the 5th... same progressions... but its still a good record... What makes this record stand out from the other records from Fifteen is Mark Moreno.... he's not super amazing or creative, but I feel he is a real clean drummer... alot better than that blonde kid that was playing with them for the next couple albums....

No comments:

Post a Comment